Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nearly finished.

The deadline is drawing near... the 'unveiling' event is planned. However, there's one rather large setback in my plan to finish by October 1.

My birthday is September 30.

Ok, maybe there are two rather large setbacks to achieving my deadline.

My birthday, and that I'm a huge slacker. But, I spent a few hours working on the painting today, and for once I'm pretty happy with progress. I have a plan. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I think it's going to work out.

I wondered for a while what to put in the background of the picture. Maybe the interior of a pub... maybe a fireplace... maybe a black abyss. I went with a bookshelf. After all, he is a Professor of professional writing.

I'm going to complete the bookshelf, finish the golden cup, give Andrew some accessories, touch up some loose ends... and then... ta daaa. Get it sealed and figure out how to frame it. All ready for the Great Unveiling, on October 15.

Here's the latest -- again, all feedback is welcome and appreciated. Thanks again to Andrew for giving me this fun and awesome opportunity -- hopefully this is the first of many. Thanks for being my guinea pig. Oh! Maybe I'll add a guinea pig on your lap.

... Happy Sunday everybody.


1 comment:

  1. ha! I loooooove it Cheryl!! I can't wait to see the finished product!! Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete